Advantages of wet extruder in aquatic feed production
Currently, aquafeed processing enterprises are facing special challenges. On the one hand, they must provide the special feed required by aquaculture farmers, and on the other hand, the aquafeed produced must be competitive in quality and price. The above needs can be solved by wet extruding processing, which can not only reduce the cost of feed production and increase efficiency, but also enable farmers to obtain considerable economic benefits from the use of extruded feed breeding.
The aquatic feed processed by extruding equipment has the following advantages
It can produce a wide variety of products; improve the conversion rate of feed; improve the stability of feed in water; facilitate the control of feed density; the mechanical properties of the finished feed are good; the lowest cost formula can be used to reduce the cost of feed production;
1. Can produce a wide variety of products For aquatic feed, the feed that can be processed such as: shrimp, crab, eel, catfish, carp, frogs, etc., can also produce full-fat soybeans, cat and dog feed, pet feed, ornamental animals feed and other specialty feeds.
2. Improve the feed conversion rate. Due to the high temperature transient (HTST) processing, the gelatinization degree of starch in the feed is increased, which can reach 80-99%, which is more beneficial to animals, especially aquatic animals (because aquatic animals have short intestinal tracts). and fine) digestion and absorption of feed.
3. Improving the stability of feed in water is an important indicator for aquatic feed, especially for slow-feeding animals, such as shrimp, crab, etc. Because the water stability is not good, the aquatic animals have not been able to eat in the future, and the feed will decompose in the water, which not only wastes the feed, but also pollutes the water quality, which is not conducive to environmental protection and the sustainable development of the aquaculture industry, while the stability of the extruded feed in water Reached; 12 hours, up to more than 24 hours, which is enough time to wait for animals to eat, and shrimp feed requires an average of 4 hours of stability in water.
4. It is convenient to control the feed density and can produce floating feed, sinking feed and slow sinking feed (the process parameters are difficult to control in the processing of slow sinking feed), which is more conducive to the demand of animals in different water layers for feed. Using floating feed, it can enable farmers to observe the feeding situation of fish, so as to adjust feed feeding and save feed.
5. The extruded feed has good mechanical properties and is not easy to be broken because any crushing and decomposition of the finished feed before use will generate dust, which not only increases the waste of feed, but also pollutes water quality and air.
6. The feed is more hygienic. The material is processed by high temperature transient (HTST), which is equivalent to the pasteurization process. All harmful bacteria in the feed are killed, thereby reducing the impact of the feed on the disease of aquatic animals and the pollution of water quality by harmful bacteria. .
In recent years, the wet extruder developed for aquatic feed has been gradually developed to produce feed of various specifications. Due to the different design formulas, it can be produced on the same equipment with only a few changes. Wet extruding equipment has become a tool of choice for the production of aquatic feed due to its wide range of uses. With the application of computer technology in the control of wet extruders, the control of wet extruders will become easier and easier, which will greatly affect wet extruding. Application of machine in aquafeed production.